Thursday, February 4, 2010

Another beautiful castle. Mespelbrunn. This is in Germany. Close to the town I lived in. We visited it many times. It has a moat all the way around that houses a trout fishery now. The place is magical. It's located in the Spessart Forrest in Bavaria. Beautiful inside and out.

I guess I'm feeling cabin fever again and want to travel. So I pull out photos that will take me away for a minute or two. A smell or scent will do that as well. The other morning, I was out pretty early running in the neighborhood. There is this little creek I passed that smelled just like the street my Grandmother lived on. The instant I smelled that wet morning dew smell, I was transported to her place. In my mind. It might sound nuts but it does happen. Maybe for a milli second but it does. Scent is powerful.

Anyway... I started to cut out some patterns again for another pair of slip ons. I think I'm afraid of the shoes and keep going back to the easy slippers. I guess the easy slippers could be the shoes I make a lot of pairs from. And not charge so much. Then the harder more detailed slippers can be the custom more costly pairs. Hmmm. Something to think about.

I'm going to the Opera again with my Mom tomorrow. Down to Chicago to see The Elixir of Love. Shy young farmer is in love with a powerful girl. I don't want to spoil it. My Mom loves the opera and I am her Chicago guide. We have a great time laughing and eating a nice lunch. I'll try and post a picture of her. Need to round it up and scan it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment