Friday, December 4, 2015

Snow and Cookies

First Snow so far this winter

Cookies - the Scraps

It's been a mild winter so far but I love the Birdhouse frozen and cold. The wild birds were happy we put it out again this year.

The cookies were a 7 hour process and the scraps looked better than the finished product. Bargello was the name of the pattern of the patchwork cookie. It was the most unbelievably time consuming cookie I've ever made. Each Christmas I try to bake at least one new cookie but this one didn't make it. The Scraps just rolled into this beautiful pattern.

I took them to the office and the folks were happy with my experiment.They did taste good.

I'm sticking with gingerbread men, butter cookies, and chocolate chip. Simple yet good. I might try one more but nothing as complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment