Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer

Summer is here! Full force. It's 5am and already warm and humid. Pictures to post soon. I need to take the camera to the garden.

I am reading everything I can on farming. I even signed us up for a workshop this Saturday called "Farming Fundamentals". The Illinois County Farm Bureau puts this together and it's the start of my research on obtaining a farm. I'm not sure what I'm getting into but it's worth it. It gives me a purpose. A goal.

This is a what my German Omi's back yard looked like. A small yard but Lots vegetables.

Many great stories out about city to country people. I think I was born to farm. It must be my German/Italian genes. My German relatives each had mini farms in Aschaffenburg. Chickens, pigs and lots of vegetables. The Sicilian side probably did too.

All I have to post this morning. More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment