Friday, August 13, 2010

Argyle Slippers


Finally had a chance to work on another pair of wool argyle slippers. I love this pattern. I made a pair awhile ago that are a bit snug so I've revised the pattern and started on the top yesterday. It took me forever to dig through the pattern pieces to find the right one. I just kept making proto-types and not throwing away the parts. Now they are all mixed up. I have them labeled now so I won't go through the search again. Jeez - what was I thinking?


I have a bunch of vintage wool in a variety of colors. Yards of it. I can probably make 50 pairs. Line them in a cotton. The dark blue is flannel. While it feels nice on the foot, it's a bit thick so hard to thin out the shoe. Plus the color is navy. I only have pink or navy flannel. I'm thinking, line it in a cotton with coordinating color. I'm trying to use up the fabric I have instead of buying more. My closets, cabinet and boxes are over flowing. Hmmm - I need to cut back the collection. So the brilliant idea is to MAKE THINGS WITH IT. Ha

Today at noon, I picked a ton of vegetables for the Community Nursing Center to sell. It was in the 90's today and I think I was over heated when this shot was taken. I started picking cucumbers, tomatoes and melons, then Sheri took them in and set up this beautiful table with baskets. It looked so pretty. I kept running back in with more things and the sale went on.
I don't think they charged too much so staff and families of the residents bought some things. They kept the proceeds to do something fun with the residents.

No comments:

Post a Comment