Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mom and Me

One picture today. It's pretty small cause I scanned it in from a photo on my desk. I wanted to put my Mom on the blog. This was 1997 in Germany. Wow - so long ago. Felt like yesterday.
It's very hot here in Chicagoland. 90+ and the air is really thick. I was going to run this morning but thought better of it. Besides sweating uncontrollably, the air is hard to breath.

I am training for the half marathon in September and still haven't gotten past the 5 mile run. Hopefully this Sunday I can run 8 miles without a problem. I have a Ipod shuffle and the music helps a lot. Just when you think you can't go another step, a great song will kick on and then I'm off again for another mile. It helps. So - Sunday's goal is to run 8 miles. Hopefully the air will be clearer and not so humid. Either way, I AM running.

Mom and my sisters kids are coming to Chicago Saturday and I need to find something to do that they will be entertained with. One year, we went to the Rain Forrest Cafe. Ugh! What horrible food they had. And way over priced too. I've turned them on to Thai food and as fussy as they are, they like it. Good thing too cause I will never go to one of those touristy places again.

I haven't sewn anything in awhile. Well... I did make a pair of laying-around-the-house shorts out of Bobby's old sweatshirt. They fit well but need a wider waist band. They are super comfortable. Totally serged. Only took about an hour and a half from start to finish. I created the pattern from a bikini - boy short pattern - Widened the pattern by one inch on both sides and an inch on the length. I added a 2 inch elastic waist band but it should be a little wider. Next pair will have a better waist band and maybe some pockets.

Summer is always so busy with the garden and friends and doing things with them. It takes away time from projects. I took off Monday and Tuesday to sew and start on the shoes again but instead, I baked goodies for the residents at the nursing home and that took up both the days. One day was picking and prep and the next baking and then visiting. I set everything up at 2:00 and by 2:15 everything was eaten and they were done. Off to play bingo. So, by the time I got back home to relax a little, the day was gone. I have to start a sewing project first thing in the morning. Have to break that habit. I should be creative anytime of the day. Oh well. I'm a morning person.

I have been trying to knit each evening. Instead of just sitting and watching TV, I bring out something to knit. I make kitchen towels/cloths cause they don't take long and my skills are knit purl and sometimes yarnover. I like it. My little sister is knitting now too. I mailed her some cotton yarn and bamboo needles. It's our therapy.

I'm at work and need to get back to it.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment