Wednesday, December 23, 2009



It's almost Christmas and I'm thinking about my Omi. This picture was taken in 2006 and she has passed. She is in her dining room with my Uncle Peter. Wow! What memories this brings back. She lived in Aschaffenburg Germany and died March 2007. I was lucky to be able to see her every other year. She was funny and made the best Lebergloss suppe. It's a liver dumpling soup in a chicken broth with just a handful of carrots, celery and noodles. The liver is calves liver that is ground up super fine from the butcher. It was my favorite soup and every time we visited, she would make a big pot. Towards the end of her life, she forgot how and we would order it in restaurants but it was never as good as hers. She would however remember tales from the 40's and had wonderful stories. I miss her.

Germany is such a beautiful place and I'll hunt down some photos to post of her house. They are all in film and will need to be converted.

No comments:

Post a Comment