Thursday, October 1, 2015

Make Money on a Farm

Wisconsin Dairy Farm
Before we start a farm - we have to think "How will it make Money?"

I'd think that's pretty important. So - below is a list of things we can do and sell to make money.
It's in a random order as they have come to me over the years.
  • Seeds 
  • Photos and post cards of the farm and activities
  • Tee Shirts
  • Honey
  • Dried Herbs
  • Tours - bird watching, flower gardens, hiking trails
  • Herbs in pots
  • CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)
  • Milk, butter, yogurt, ice cream - oh so many avenues if you have a cow
  • Chickens, eggs, baby chicks
  • Grains - for animal feed or flour
  •  Manure - if you have animals, you will have this. 
  • Fish
  • Weddings, birthday parties, showers, bridal or baby
  • Cross Country ski trails
  • Educational classes, preserving, baking, growing food, caring for livestock
This is just a start. I have a note book I keep close and as the ideas come to me, I just add them. It is endless and multi-faceted way to earn a living on the farm.

Thanks for reading and your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment