Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Craft Field Day

Lane Linnenkohl
Lane and Joanne and the Beautiful Girls Leading

Pyrenees - guarding the Chickens

Chicken Wagon-Coop

Bobby and I attended a "CRAFT" Field day yesterday. In case I hadn't previously mentioned, CRAFT stands for "Collaborative Regional Alliance for Farmer Training". It's organized through Angelic Organics and they are worth attending. There is a small yearly fee but I have learned so many things through my membership. Check it out and join. 

Lane from Equus Oaks Farm and Joanne Wiedemann from Wolf of Hidden Marsh Farm explained Horse Drawn Power. Lane even harnessed two beautiful girls up to a hay wagon and took us for a ride. It was a beautiful day in Huntley, IL and the experience has me glowing this morning. His horses were gentle giants and I totally understand plowing a field with horses over a noisy tractor any day. 

It takes me a couple of days to stop smiling after a field day.  It's just such a joy to be around farms. I'm not sure I can explain it. The pleasure of it stays with me for a few days. I can still smell the hay. 

Thanks for reading :) 

 
Collaborative Regional Alliance for Farmer Training - See more at: http://www.learngrowconnect.org/craft#sthash.FS139sI8.dpuf


Collaborative Regional Alliance for Farmer Training - See more at: http://www.learngrowconnect.org/craft#sthash.FS139sI8.dpuf
Collaborative Regional Alliance for Farmer Training - See more at: http://www.learngrowconnect.org/craft#sthash.FS139sI8.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment