Friday, July 31, 2015

Horton Hears A Who

Sensitivity Plant In Bloom

Close up of Bloom

Kautz Pickles
The Sensitivity Plant has been amazingly cool since it first sprouted from seed. If you brush your fingers over the leaves, they slowly fold in and close up. But out in the wind, they don't.  THEN - A flower appeared. I didn't know it was going to bloom. Bonus! It looks just like a cartoon flower and reminds me of "Horton Hears A Who" by Dr. Seuss. It has quite a few more blooms so Horton's bloom will keep on appearing for a while longer.

I picked a lot of pickles last week and scrubbed them. I'm trying a Fermentation Pickle recipe. I have 4 jars in different stages right now. Couple more weeks for the results. They actually smell great. Hope they taste good too. You never know until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment