Tuesday, July 22, 2014

First Potato



The First Potato! It's called "Island Sunshine". It tasted good too.  Just steamed with just a little butter and salt.

I received a sample packet of potato starters from Wood Prairie Farm in Bridgewater, Maine. So far so good. I am impressed with the first one!

I know there are more potatoes under the straw but the roots looked pretty deep.  I thought I'd wait until a nice rain then dig around again to find the others. The sample pack contained the following:

Island Sunshine - One so far - perfect in every way!
Yukon Gold - Plant doesn't have any flowers yet so I'll wait.
Rose Finn Apple Fingerling - Saw some tiny ones but buried them until they get a little bigger.
Adirondack Blue - Lots of flowers on the plant but I didn't dig deep enough.

According to my research, you should have potatoes once the plant blooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment