Saturday, August 11, 2012

Garden in August


Crab apples - Jelly to be made soon

Desert Rose Seed Pod

Desert Rose Trunk

Seed Saving
Some snap shots around the garden and on the balcony.
It was a beautiful day so I picked a large bucket of crab apples. They are so pretty.  The Jelly they create is a pretty pink/orange. Only down fall in crab apples is quite a few of them have little worms or holes.  It's a tedious job of cutting and sorting but the jelly is well worth it.

The Desert Rose seed pod is rare.  I have two plants grown from seed.  One is over 7 years old and the one shooting out the pod is only 3 years old.  I am very excited as it will produce 100's of seeds.  Some might even have a different color than the mother plant.

Last, I have a sunflower field with all different colors. I saved a few heads that are now drying.

Again, it was one beautiful day and I wanted to share.

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment