Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Finding a Farm

Ok - I am now totally obsessed in finding a farm and the way to obtain it. Where, when and how are the three words that keep coming into my mind.

Where? It must be close to people because they need to visit it. When? It must be soon as I'm not getting any older and How? How am I going to finance the whole venture? I should put the HOW first, right?

I have some ideas and need to just keep trudging along until it falls into place.

We are visiting a couple of running farms in July and August and I'll ask a ton of questions. One is a CSA and the other has lots of animals. Both are two different ways of farming and it's a start to my research. The Fundamentals of Farming the State provided helped a lot but I need to visit an actual farm. Poor Bobby. I'm dragging him along with me. He was born a City boy but hang with me and you will be a farmer. HA HA

More to follow - I'm hoping to document the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment