Friday, October 19, 2018

McCormick

I had a work trip this week. Pack Expo in Chicago at McCormick. We stayed in a Loft instead of a hotel for this event. While I do live a train ride away, commuting in takes too much time and it's nice to be only a few minutes away.

The Loft was on the 1500 South State block. I have to say, the South Loop in Chicago is so much different then when I lived in Chicago in the late 80's early 90's. It's beautiful now. Lot's of parks, grocery stores, day care, dog parks, condos, lofts, and it's all clean. Back in the day, it was not pretty. anyway...

Shout out to the incredible workers at the McCormick. It takes a massive team of employees to get the show on the road. It's amazing. I believe at least 100,000 packaging people visit in the 4 days so you need a lot of people.

Each morning, the beautiful women of McCormick set up the 100's of pots of coffee urns. This is provided by one of the packaging sponsors and it's free. Then, my favorite are the ladies that work in the cafe that provides breakfast and lunch. It's a structure that attendees need to follow. There is a roped off area and if you are not in the correct order, you will get a yell and that makes it all worth it. I know, you probably think I'm nuts but there is nothing better than a cashier letting out her frustrations on some men in suits because they can't follow orders. I think the cashier's get a kick out it. I know I do.   

The place also has a few security guards that I meet each morning with a hug. Then we hunker down in our booth and welcome packaging people and answer their questions. Sunday to Wednesday. I didn't mind it this time. I do have some members I like to see each year.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment